Friday 29 October 2010

Today I almost fell into a long drop

The children line up to wash their hands
Today I went to the Chilizya LIFE Pre-School.  The children were very excited to see visitors and all had huge smiles on their faces.  They were having snack time when I went in.

In Zambia during this time of the year in the remote areas where people live in poverty the typical snack that a child will take to school is a bottle of chibuntu (ground corn that sits overnight in water until it thickens, with abit of sugar mixed in)


Some of them had a piece of dried bread and other had some kind of wild fruit, some had a mangoes because they are in season right now.


Right after the ate they sang I got the joy, joy, joy down in my heart. I then looked at their crafts and their teacher Masuzyo started teaching the next part of the lesson which was on shapes and colours.




Here is the long drop
My footstep in...


After awhile I needed to pee so I went outside and walked to the long drop, I took one step in and the sand went in and I thought oh wow, the rain had softened the soil and then I took another step and my foot started to go in, I slowly backed away and knew I needed to wait to pee.  If I had taken another step I would have fallen it....gross!!

No comments:

Post a Comment